Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Voodoo Dirt Helps Arthritis

The drastic temperature changes over the past couple of weeks have been especially hard on my shitty bones, causing my arthritis to kick into overdrive and make me ache all over.  It will be 70 during the day, and drop to the 40's overnight.  Imagine if you took a hot glass straight from the dishwasher and put it in the freezer...it would shatter, right?  Well, my body seems to react with a similar anger to the temperature change.

This past weekend I barely made it out of bed because I was in so much pain.  Luckily, over the past couple of days, the temperature seems to have evened out a bit, although now I'm dealing with the achiness that comes with all this stupid rain!  My acupuncture treatment today has already granted me some relief...thank God.  God bless my acupuncturist...she is a true healer.  I asked for some herbs to help over the next couple of weeks and she gave me this concoction.


I have to take three small teaspoons a day, before meals. The taste is pretty terrible, and it looks like dirt, but all the herbs I've taken in the past have helped.  Let's hope I'm as lucky again this time around!

Here's a closeup of the ingredients:


Don't ask me about the ingredients...the only ones that are recognizable to me are cinnamon and licorice!  But if this bottle of voodoo dirt helps...then bring it on!

Have you ever eaten or taken anything out of the ordinary just to help you feel better?


2 comments:

  1. I am amazed to know about this!! Dear my mom had faced arthritis problem in last couple of years but she joined acupuncture-mississauga clinic and got great benefits. Now I am facing same problem and I am also thinking to take acupuncture treatment only. Any idea in how many days I will get its treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody is different. It took 4 treatments for me to feel results from acupuncture. Good luck to you!

      Delete