Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Should I Move To Arizona?

The weather this week, so far, is killing me. It's been humid, muggy days that call for thunderstorms at any moment and my arthritic body has not been a happy camper. As much as I love where I live, it's times like these where I entertain the thought of moving to Arizona! But moving to a more dry, desert like state would mean that I'd have scorpions and snakes to deal with. I think I prefer the monster size mosquitoes of DC :)

It took a long time for me to fall asleep last night because of all the aches and pains, and I felt like a truck hit me when I woke up this morning. Seeing as I promised my daughter that I would take her out to lunch after we got her allergy shot, I got up and lathered on some of the pain cream my pain management doc had prescribed for my neck. My shoulders have been the bastards of the week, so I greased them up, along with my neck, and took a ConZip (slow release Tramadol) and layed back down in my comfy bed and watched tv. All these meds needed time to kick in.

Just a couple of hours later, I feel much more like a real person. Not pain free, but manageable for now. I leave soon to spend a little munchkin-mommy time with my girl. Prayers that my “real person-ness” lasts the afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. Move to Colorado! Also dry, but not relentless, have never encountered a scorpion, and we have the mountains for getting away to when it gets too hot! I lived near DC for almost ten years and that climate about killed me. I am not made more for heat and humidity - I an Scandinavian!
    Winters are great here, too. Everyone seems to perceive us as having snow all winter, but here in the Front Range we get snow, then it melts the next day, usually. My dad plays golf year round, you just gotta pick the right day! Autumn is spectacular, with amazing colors and cool air and the light is something to behold.
    This blatant ad for Colorful Colorado brought to you by:
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear such wonderful things about Colorado...maybe I will try to visit one day and see what all the talk is about :) I can't even imagine the beautiful views...

      Delete