Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chinese Herbs

I woke up this morning with a headache...oh happy day.  That's always the suckiest way to start a day...in pain.  Sometimes if I drink a ton of water when I wake up I can get the headache to go away.  Not so much today.   Luckily, I had acupuncture this morning.

So my acupuncturist did a little bloodletting again on a few spots on my head (for my original post on bloodletting click here).  She first did a spot on the top of my head, then my temples, then the sinus spots on the inside corner of my eyebrows.  After all of that, the headache went away, although I still felt some pressure in my ears.  I also told her about my throat not feeling “quite right”...it's not a sore throat, it just feels off.  She thinks it's probably just the change in weather that's causing all my symptoms, but recommended that I take some herbs that help with oncoming colds.  I already had some of these left at home, so after returning back home I took 5 pills, as instructed.  She said to take 2-3 doses and see if that helps.  I only have a small amount left in the bottle, so hopefully it will help before I run out.  Luckily, Amazon carries them, so I placed an order that should arrive in a few days (this is the exact one I have and ordered -- Yin Chiao ).


This is not my first time taking Chinese herbs.  Over the past few years I've taken many different concoctions.  Surprisingly (at least it was a surprise to this skeptical former New Yorker), most have worked.

Has anyone else had any luck with Chinese herbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment