Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Cruddy, Rainy Wednesday

Today was a cold, rainy day outside...one of those days that makes you want to crawl into bed as soon as you get out of it.  I've been suffering from a cold for five days now and would have gladly stayed in bed this morning except I had an acupuncture appointment today and thought it may actually help me finally kick this cold.  I haven't slept since last Friday.  My neck has also been bothering me since dinnertime last night...I'm guessing that's when the pressure and stuff started changing for the rain that we experienced today.  Can I just get a little sunshine and some even temperatures already?  My body seriously needs it.  All these ups and downs are killing me.

On top of all of this, I have to go to a Confirmation meeting tonight at the church.  Not looking forward to that.  I totally forgot all about this until this afternoon.  I was really hoping to be back in bed, in my cozy pajamas by 7pm...not at an hour long meeting where I have to feel guilty about how far behind my daughter is because I decided to home school her this year.  Probably not the best decision since I knew I was going to be having surgery again.  To be fair, my church has been really good about giving us the extra time to make up the work...I just still feel bad about it.  Good ole Catholic guilt!

Today is a day that I really, really need to drop a few f-bombs!  Where's my swear jar?


2 comments:

  1. I hear you on fighting the bugs - been doing that myself a bit lately, and it's tough, especially when all you want to do is sleep, and you don't have enough time to. Sure hope you feel better soon! Congratulations on your decision to join the Catholic Church. I hope your classes go well for you, and I'm sure your Confirmation will be a thrill for your heart and delightful celebration. Looks like you've got some big plans for Easter this year...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :)

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MJ...thanks for the comment. Actually, my daughter is the one who will be confirmed this coming fall...so the meeting was to find out information for her :) I'm actually a cradle Catholic myself :)

    ReplyDelete