Sunday, December 15, 2013

11 Day Update -- Ankle #2

I've been sleeping a little bit better the past few nights...since about Thursday.  I ended up undoing all the ace bandages that were holding my splint on and redoing them...and I added an extra one on because I felt like there was a bit of give (up/down motion) to my ankle.  Since doing this, I've slept better.

I've also switched pain medications, so that probably has something to do with the increased sleeping too.  I was sent home with Oxycodone 5 mg...that you take every 3 hours.  Like I said in a previous post, this medication can only be prescribed by hand.  Your doctor can't call it in to your pharmacy.  And since my doctor is over an hour away in DC, I had to switch to something they can call in.  So Vicodin it is.  It's a little better on my stomach...I don't have to take my promethazine (an anti-nausea) medicine anymore.  But I can only take the Vicodin every 4-6 hours.  I've been taking it pretty close to every 4 because I've been in quite a lot of pain.  It seems like if I don't have an extra ice pack under my knee or leg that my foot is burning in pain.  Well, I guess it's still in pain, just numbed down a bit!

This ankle has been much more painful than the last. I'm convinced that half the problem is with the way it has been splinted.  The first splint that I was sent home with from the hospital seemed really tight..like you put a tourniquet right below my toes.  And the current splint also seems tight...but more on the top of my foot and my sides.  I don't know.  Maybe this is all in my head and both splits were fine and it's just me.  All I know is that it burns with pain...pretty much all the time.  And I do NOT remember this happening with ankle #1.

I go to the doctor on Wednesday to get my stitches out and this frackin splint off.  I can't wait!  I'm really hoping it will make a world of difference.



And just because everyone loves to see yucky pictures...here's my lovely bruise that's behind my knee...it's more colorful now ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment